Thursday 11 October 2007

Hannes Netzell

Reflections on project management. As the appointed project manager for our contribution to the experience technology module I have made some reflections on leading this kind of work. I wish to share them with you blog readers. These reflections derive from my reality only and are not engraved in stone. One lesson learned is the one of what lies within the project managers responsibility area. Without the proper education within management this becomes a guessing game were trial and error is the only way to approach the challenge. The method of trail and error suits me fine.

I had the advantage of having David in my group whom has former experience in leadership. The profit was that he could coordinate me and give me tips that helped me in my role as a project manager. Another lesson learnt was that planning and preparation must be a big part of the managers responsibility. Last but not least I found it to be very important to follow up with the planning and sharing it so everything can be visualized for the rest of the group.

These were the main reflections I had concerning project management and today is my last day being a project manager, but I am convinced that it’s a role I wish to have again.

/Hannes Netzell

No comments: